There are generally 3 big components for improving SAP delivery. These 3 components have the capability of improving SAP and technology delivery in general while impacting corporate business performance and marketplace success.
- Delivery Approach
- Delivery Methodology
- IT Organizational Development
The following content is written with a focus on SAP, however it can be completely generalized to virtually any IT organization.
- A careful focus on the delivery approach is needed. Here there are 2 key paradigms to focus on. The first paradigm is service delivery vs. value delivery (SAP Service Delivery versus Value Delivery), and the second paradigm is software engineering vs. business process engineering (SAP Implementation Focus: Engineer Software or Business Processes?).
- A formal, structured, internal delivery methodology. This should include a “checklist” of all project requirements including templates, tools, and resources for project delivery. Because I know SAP I use it, however they have a powerful methodology which can also be generalized to virtually any IT project. For more information see Why Use the SAP ASAP Methodology?
- A strong focus on IT organizational development. The current “best practices” around IT Organizational Development includes a 3 tiered maturity structure: Service provider, Business Partner, and Business Peer (Organizational Change Management Inside the SAP IT Support Organization). The second part of that is a structured approach to creating the premier IT “Center of Excellence,” converged business-IT delivery organization (see SAP Service Provider to Business Peer Through Center of Excellence Maturity). You can use 3 Development Phases for SAP Center of Excellence Maturity as a completely structured organizational outline. It includes key activities and maturity steps.
Adopting these three pillars will create a great foundation for your company or organization for the long term. They will also help immediately and transform your enterprise in the mid-term.
Contact me today through our site contact form ( http://www.r3now.com/contact ), phone, or e-mail.
- change management
- 20170308 SAP_SAP activate pptx
- sap discovery stage